May 11, 2010

Things I Forgot to Mention

K, LIKE. I didn't get to go to the PLAYERS this year, which is devastating, really. It's been two years. I WILL go back. I love that tournament so much. The course! The talent! The weather! The golf! It's just so high quality. Just so good. (I didn't even get to watch any of it, which makes it worse, and NO I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT.)

I am almost certainly going to go to the Memorial Tournament in Columbus at the beginning of next month, because I can't miss both. I just cannot. Also, great excuse to go see Jerod Smalley, NBC4 Sports Anchor and my former boss. All around great guy.

I hope Tiger does play it. Tournaments have a weird vibe when he's not there. I've never been to one he doesn't usually play, so maybe the ones he usually skips don't have that same sense of being at a loss. It's like that moment at the end of The Truman Show when people go, "...want to see what else is on?" As in, what do we do now?

I maaaaaaaay go to the tournament in Akron, the WGC/Bridgestone Invitational, because it's a great tournament and I've only been once. And my boyfriend-at-the-time convinced me (after much back and forth) to skip Sunday's round and go canoeing, which (predictably) ended in stitches. And a still-visible scar. Dumb.


No comments: