January 07, 2010

LeVar Burton

So, post Dr. Drew-induced frenzy, I sent the following Tweets:


It's just like back in the day when I had a crush on @levarburton & used to watch Star Trek with my sis and not pay attn except to Geordi

I remember the 1st time I saw him and was like, "omg @levarburton" and "why is he wearing that thing?" and Kate goes "HES BLIND YOU IDIOT."

I guess as far as first crushes go, they don't get much better than @levarburton


Which I think were all relatively normal, appropriate things to say on Twitter, right?

I don't even remember what I was watching, or what made me thing of all those missed scenes of Star Trek. Or that one time in English class when I first admitted to God and everybody that LeVar had been my first crush.

...That was my sophomore year.

...Of college.

Anyway, I got the following direct message:

levarburton
Perhaps it was the high tech glasses that did it for you! I know how you like men in glasses...

This obviously means two things:
1. LeVar Burton and I were meant to be. Never question first-grade logic.
2. LEVAR BURTON READS MY TWEETS! (Or my blog. Either way...) LIFE=COMPLETE.

I'm pretty much a Twitter Star. I have, like, nearly 100 followers. Which makes me Tweet royalty, right?

No comments: