March 21, 2009

Hot-Lanta

In Atlanta, watching Saturday Night Live with dad and the brother (Kit already went to sleep).

Last night, the lame Atlanta CBS station decided to air the FSU/Wisconsin game instead of playing Buckeyes (like a responsible news station would have done). So I made Eric go to B-Dubs with me to watch it. I told him it was mandatory to wear the Ohio State hoodie he got from grandma for Christmas. There was a guy in a Siena shirt there who was cheering at all the wrong moments, especially right at the end. I think he must have been confused.

Regardless though, there were all the ACC and SEC team flags hanging on the side wall. Off, on its own, on the TV wall, dead center, was an Ohio State flag. In Atlanta. I guess part of the reason why I love my school is that that wasn't particularly surprising: we're everywhere. I've gone to a lot of bars and restaurants in a lot of cities and seen our symbol, and it makes me feel like I'm a part of something amazing--something even people in Atlanta want to celebrate years later. I don't know, it's just a really cool part of being a student at the largest school in the nation.

In other news: Steve Martin is an awful SNL host.

No comments: