May 10, 2009

Changes

Craziness ensues.

Kate just graduated, which is insane to me. Not as insane as the fact that she's getting MARRIED in SIX DAYS! I don't know, I guess because they were engaged for so long I just kind of felt like it was never happening. And yet here we are, six days away and my only full sister is getting married. Insanity. It's going to be a lovely wedding though, I'm really looking forward to it. I just bought her gift, so it's for real this time. It's a great gift. HA, KATE, HA.

I became an alumna member of DDD. It's so weird, tomorrow I'm not going to chapter but instead I'm going to the Columbus Alumnae meeting. I got really emotional during the alumna ceremony. There's a song we sing at the end of every chapter and ritual and I just kind of misted up a little. Then there's a song the chapter sings after each phase of initiation to commemorate the change in status, and during that I just starting sobbing. I mean, I'm a highly emotional person, so we all knew that was going to happen, but it was still a little embarrassing. People like to tease me about it, but I LOVE TRI DELTA.

It's interesting, Tri Delta doesn't technically consider members "fully initiated" until they become alumnae members. As in, collegiate members have only gone through two phases of the process, and Circle Degree is the third. I really like that about Tri Delta. I think it brings closure to the whole thing, and adds meaning to becoming an alumnae member.

I'm visiting Jon again Memorial Day weekend, which I am really looking forward to. Things have been going well, but I just kind of wish I knew where I was living in a month so that I could know if this even makes sense right now. He's a great guy and I like him a lot, but it can't work if we don't live, you know, less than 400 miles away from one another. So it would be nice to know that kind of thing.

Also during that trip I have informational interviews with a Congressional Office as well as with a DC PR firm. Interestingly, the woman from the PR Firm called while I was at work and left a voicemail explaining that her boss had forwarded her my resume. I had never heard of her, her boss, or her firm. As it turns out, dad's old boss forwarded my resume to the firm. Incredible. Hopefully the interview goes well. What does one wear to an informational interview?

No comments: