July 07, 2009

Happy Birthday, America!

It feels like it has been so long since I updated, and I don't know why that is. It hasn't been a long time, and not a lot has happened.

I didn't write about my graduation party last time I wrote. In short, it was lovely. Jon was a big hit, especially with my grandmother, who is, shall we say, obsessed? That may be a little strong, but not much. She also made me a pecan pie, which made me want to graduate again. That woman's pies are just... God, incredible.

I digress. I am still awaiting response from the SA interview, though, like I mentioned, I don't expect much. Jon met a girl from another place to which I applied and she said that they were going to be making calls this week. So I wait, hopeful. It's an interesting job, and one that I am really excited about.

The 4th of July came and went (what happened to 2009? Already halfway over?!?). Julia and Suzie, two friends of mom's, got married in Boston and had a reception. I get so excited when I think about the fact that this country is beginning to support people like Julia and Suzie in their relationships. They are wonderful people, have been together 24 years (!), and are clearly still in love. How can you argue with that?

No comments: