July 02, 2009

One Month In Either Direction

In about two weeks, I am going to DC to look at apartments and sign a lease. I'm getting more nervous and more excited every day. In almost exactly a month, I'll be moving into my very first apartment.

I am also a little less than a month out of school, which is also kind of crazy to me. I can't believe I am a college graduate. That is completely insane. Completely. It still feels like I'm just on summer break because I've just been staying at home and have begun working at Honeybaked again. Today was my first day, and it was deadly slow. I'm just grateful that Greg has the space to let me work, knowing I am leaving August 1.

I am hoping, in a month, to earn over half my rent payment. That is because DC is wildly expensive.

I had a job interview for a Hill Staff Assistant Position, which was a giant relief if only because I have been sending resumes for months and have heard nothing. I guess I was beginning to feel like I was wasting my time. I don't know, scoring an interview at this point feels like quite an achievement, even if I did mess it up pretty heartily. I think being on the phone instead of in person made me incredibly nervous. I'm usually really good at interviews, so it's hard not to beat myself up about it too much. Let's just say though that I don't expect to hear anything.

In other news, I hope Bales's parents are willing to cosign for our lease because neither one of us has a job that pays nearly enough for us to be able to sign it on our own (or even, you know, a job at all), and mom said she doesn't think Tim would even think about it. I hate the real world. Can I be 20 again? That was the perfect age.

No comments: