January 23, 2009

Athens

I write from Athens (Ohio), and am getting increasingly more excited. I interviewed the Assistant Dean of the Honors Tutorial College Jan Hodson as well as the Mayor here. They both recommended this woman who used to be a member of the board at the Historical Museum here, so I called her and have an appointment for tomorrow! They both knew exactly where she lived, too, which was kind of weird and funny to me.

When I called her and briefly explained what I was doing, she gave me the history of the name of the town, and she goes, "But I don't know what else you want..." but I tried to explain that I want a somewhat substantial amount of time and have a ton of questions. So, appointment! Can't wait.

Anyway, off to party with Nicky and the Athenians. :D

No comments: