January 13, 2009

So, I realize it's been a while since my last real update. I apologize.

I've been getting anxious about the job search thing. I joined LinkedIn, I did what I think I'm supposed to do, but I don't really know what it is that I want to do. That becomes sort of a problem when you're writing cover letters about what you want to do to companies for whom you are supposedly going to do it.

I am also getting excited and nervous about the book thing. I have interviews scheduled with the mayor of Athens as well as a woman who has lived there pretty much her entire life (except for about 3 years during law school). I don't know what to ask them, pretty much at all. I mean, I know what answers I want, or at least an idea of what I want to get out of those interviews, but I don't know where to begin on getting that.

The quarter is going pretty well, I have an amazing course with the one and only Professor McHale, and one pretty good one, and the other two are just okay. I can deal with that. Light workload at the very least(except for all the reading McHale assigned...but, so worth it).

Also, there's the Alex question. I don't even know where to begin on that, except to say that I think I'm done. I'm just not sure that the friendship adds any value to my life, and it may in fact be depleting value. Hard to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should ask, "if you went fishing and caught a magical fish that said it would grant you three wishes, would you eat the fish to see how it tasted?".

Also, friendships are never devaluing. It's just a matter of whether or not you care to put in the effort to continue the friendship. Lessening the amount of effort you put in until you reach a happy medium is probably better than cutting off a friendship entirely.

Just my two cents.