January 19, 2009

Girls and Goys

So this weekend was my brother's Bar Mitzvah, and let me tell you: my brother (and thirteen year olds in general) are hilarious.

First of all, he's 13, which by definition means he's kind of awkward, but he seems so buoyant and happy. It's kind of insane. I mean, I was like the most miserable person alive at 13, and I think most people felt the same about themselves. Somehow, Eric found about 30 people to invite to his birthday bash. I asked to dance with him (in fact, I cut in on some girl who was mackin' on my brother) and we danced for about 20 seconds before he goes, "...Um, ok, well...I have to dance with someone else now." I gave him hell for that one, don't worry.



*UPDATE: This is actually someone ELSE'S Bar Mitzvah, so this is just typical of Eric, shown here as NOT the birthday boy. Even more hilarious? Yes. Also, if you click on it, you can see that there is, in fact, a fifth girl in there. I couldn't figure out how to get it to fit in the frame, but whatever. You get the point.

But the actual services were really awesome. I mean, at 13 there's no way I would have been able to do that. That's a lot of preparation for a kid his age. It was kind of weird though because there were all these songs that everyone else seemed to have memorized except, you know, my father and my sisters. So, we were all on stage at one point, and everyone is looking at us, singing a song they've known their entire lives, and we're all like...Baruch Atah Adoni? Or something?

But I got plenty drunk at the "Kid's DJ Party" and danced up a storm. And also my dad got lifted in a chair.



Love. It.

No comments: