February 24, 2010

Livin' The Dream

One thing I forgot to mention about my trip to Columbus...

I texted an old friend for a long overdue lunch (I believe the last time I saw him was on the street, a quick and random run-in, just under two years ago). He, along with many people I don't keep daily contact with, was under the impression that I was still living in D.C. He asked what I was doing, where I lived, what my life looks like.

I told him: I live in Kentucky, I live with my mother, I wait tables.

He said, sounds like you're living the dream.

I said, you know what? I hated D.C. I hated my job, I hated the atmosphere, I hated a lot of the people (that city is SO Type A, and I am so...not.), and I had a lot of personal life issues that added to my general stress/distaste. Now, my job is easy, people are laid back, and my mother cooks me dinner. So yes, I live in my mother's basement in middle of nowhere Kentucky, waiting tables, and I am significantly happier.

So, yeah, I'm living the dream.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I am glad to read that you are much happier. That is all that matters :-) MISS YOU!

Matt. D. said...

Sounds like you have a very wise friend.