February 16, 2010

The Olympic Spirit

Wow I didn't even realize how long it had been since I last wrote.

I went to Columbus last weekend and stayed in the sorority house. It was odd, if only because it was so natural, so remarkably not odd. I could tell there were moments with people where they almost forgot I wasn't still a resident, then did a double take. They'd smile and walk past, and then turn abruptly. "CHRIS?!?" Yeah, I'm back.

Since then, I've secured a lucrative position at a local burger joint. I really can't wait to start generating income, even if it is as a server. Training starts Saturday morning. Then, snow God permitting, I'm going back to the 'Bus and I CANNOT WAIT.

In the meantime, I'm busying myself with the Olympic Games. I can't even explain how much I love the Olympics. I watch it for hours on end, regardless of the sport. Neil Patrick Harris sums it up quite nicely: http://twitter.com/ActuallyNPH/status/9150559820 Perfect.

I even learned the rules of curling in anticipation of this event. That said, both the men AND women lost their first matches today. Whatever, it's round robin so there's still medals to be won. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Photos seven through nine reveal why I'm linking this photo slideshow of Meryl Davis, half of US ice dancing team Davis/White : http://www.nbcolympics.com/photos/galleryid=265426.html

In the interest of fairness, I'll also link this photo of perhaps my favorite Olympian Johnny Weir and his Olympic village roommate Tanith Belbin, half of the dominant U.S. ice dancing pair (Davis/White list Belbin/Agosto as their ice dancing idols): http://twitpic.com/13hbdn

No comments: