November 21, 2008

Mirror Lake Night

Oh goodness.

It's Mirror Lake Night, which is the night on which Buckeyes run to a lake roughly the size of a living room in their skivvies (or less) and jump in. Regardless of, you know, snow. This requires an intense amount of booze and stupidity. I did it last year, and this year I decided that once was enough. Mostly due to, you know, snow.

I really only found one good picture (love the tag on there), and it doesn't really begin to describe the scene. The sheer magnitude of people is just incredible. Like I said, I did it last year, and I still was astonished by the number of people willing to jump into a freezing cold (very nearly literally) lake just to be a part of a tradition. It's indescribable.



That's the kind of tradition-lovers we are here at Ohio State. GO BUCKEYES.

(My roommates are very drunk at the moment. Kelly is singing me "Have I told you Lately that I Love You?" Surprisingly, she knows more words than just "Have I told you lately that I love you?" so, that's pretty impressive.)

On an entirely different note, I made the cast of The Vagina Monologues! I'm very excited, especially since two of my sorority sisters also made it. My monologue is "I was there in the room," which is about a woman who is in the room as her daughter gives birth.

It's funny because during auditions, you had to pick two monologues to read from, and I chose two entirely different ones, and one of the women goes, "Can you do 'I was there in the room'? I think I'd really like to see you do that one." Holler.

My sorority sister is "My Angry Vagina." By sorority sister, I mean Kelly, the same girl STILL singing to me.

Oh goodness.

No comments: